Saturday, September 22, 2012

Forgotten Past - Lumby B.C. Barns

I took a fun little family trip to Lumby B.C. a short time ago in early September. It was a relaxing little retreat with boating, ATVing and even some photography. I really love the gorgeous barns that litter the interior of B.C. they are so full of stories I'm sure. Many have been long forgotten about, some seem to be defying the laws of physics as they stand firmly, yet precariously. Some have been restored to the former glory they once knew, but I find them somewhat less interesting. I am most curious about the broken, forgotten and stubborn structures. Perhaps they are reaching out to me for a last moment of importance, or maybe I just gravitate to the flawed and imperfect as they remind me most of myself?? Either way these are the first of my barn HDR series.




1 comment:

cindylee137 said...

Ah,,so I see you were on Private Property taking photos on the Procter Family Farm..but most usually ask first to go on property
Very Nice Photos,,